Jan Ondrus is Associate Professor of Information Systems and Associate Dean of Faculty, ESSEC Asia Pacific. He holds an MSc and a PhD in Information Systems from HEC Lausanne (University of Lausanne) in Switzerland.
His research examines the strategic role of information technology in the development of digital ecosystems. He is particularly interested in the disruptive and transformative aspect of digital technology for business model innovation and social impact. Also, he has been specifically studying the emergence mobile payments platforms for more than 15 years. His research has been published in top academic journals, presented at major conferences, and actively used in his teaching in the GMBA, the EMBA, and executive education programs at ESSEC. He has been serving as an Associate Editor for academic journal such as the Information Systems Journal (2013-2018) and Electronic Commerce Research and Applications (2015 -).
In recent years, he visited the University of Hawaii (between 2002-12), Sungkyunkwan University (2007), Mannheim University (2008, 2009), University of Lausanne (2012-13), Case Western Reserve University (2013-14), Seoul National University (2014, 2016), and Korea Development Institute (2016).
Over the years, Jan has been closely working with industry partners and government agencies. He was a director for the ESSEC Chair Media & Digital (2009-2016) and the head of the Chair of Networked Business Models (2015-2018). He has provided executive training for Air France/KLM, Auchan, BPCE, Danone, Dentsu, KPMG, Orange, Société Générale, and Takeda, among other companies. He has been a frequent speaker at major industry events and regularly provides comments for the media.
- ESSEC website: http://www.essec.edu/en/staff/faculty/Jan-Ondrus
- LinkedIn: https://sg.linkedin.com/in/ondrus
- Google Scholar: http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=nlFH5o4AAAAJ&hl=en
ESSEC Business School
5 Nepal Park
- Digital Business Models & Innovation
- Digital Disruption & IT Strategy
- Digital Platform & Ecosystem Strategy
- Mobile Payments & FinTech
- PhD in Information Systems (2007), University of Lausanne, HEC, Switzerland
- MSc in Information Systems (2003), University of Lausanne, HEC, Switzerland
- Exchange program – MBA courses (2002), University of Hawai’i, Shidler College of Business, USA
Additional Professional Training
- International Teachers Program (ITP), Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, USA (2011)
- "The Art and Craft of Discussion Leadership", Harvard Business Publishing, Paris, France (2009)